An aerial view of Hawthorn Leslies in 1979. This yard is now gone forever.

Leslies in the 1940's. Vessels are 'Cortona','Auris',San Virgilio''Angola'.'Lampania'Port Lyttelton','Hornby Grange','HMS Angincourt','HMS Saintes'

Leslies during WW2. This area was the 'Casualty Clearing Station' and is where the repairs were carried out

Leslies in the 1940's. This shows three Tankers for the Anglo-Saxon Petroleum Co being fitted out.

Ann Shaw in Canada kindly sent this photo of her old pals on what they called the back square behind Buchanan St in 1947

Leslies Canteen staff in the 1940's. The Canteen was situated on Ellison St

A view of Leslies in 1946 showing the ferry, and also the houses at the bottom of Ellison St & Bonnacord St

A rare old photo of the Methodist chapel next to the Colliery Board School. The Weslyan one was built 1843 & the Primitive 1875. Which was this?

See how large Reyrolles once was! this photo was taken in 1937

Palmer's men working on the 'Doric Star' one of the many ships they repaired over the years. This photo was taken in 1936

Photo taken in the late 1930's showing the coal loading chutes at the Staithes . Len Stephenson's dad was a 'Trimmer' here.

These Jarrow, Hebburn & Pelaw men went on a protest march to meet the Prime Minister visiting Seaham Harbour in 1934